In November 2018, Deansgate Councillors submitted a detailed objection to the proposals for a 55-storey student accommodation tower by Student Castle on Great Marlborough Street in our ward.
Our objection focuses on:
- Height: 55 storeys is too tall in this location
- Visual amenity: the design is too oppressive
- Overdevelopment: the proposals are for too many flats in a small location and will put strains on other services
- Effects on local residents: noise and loss of privacy will affect neighbours
- Wind: the proposals will worsen wind conditions
- Traffic: the proposals will result in more traffic in the Macintosh Village area
Other concerns raised to us include ineffective consultation, loss of car parking, and poor highways access.
Read Councillor Marcus Johns’ objection in full below to support you in submitting your own objection: